S outheast Asia contains some of the world’s fastest expanding economies including Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam. The region is the world’s fifth-largest economy that is expected to reach USD 2.6 trillion by 2020. With a population of over 641 million, most Southeast Asian countries have transformed into developed and modern countries that are expanding and upgrading their readiness in facing modern threats and challenges in this ever-changing technology.
Thailand, the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia, recorded its strongest growth in five years*. The government attracted funding of more than THB 1.5 trillion (USD 45 billion) from the public and private investors to be used mainly for infrastructure projects. Meanwhile for defence and security, the budget increased sharply from THB 8.8 billion in 2006 to THB 222 billion for 2018*.
Sneak peek into Thailand’s latest updates:
- The Digital Economy Ministry aims to spend THB 128.56 million (USD 3.8 million) on software including a “social network data analysis system” to monitor and map individuals and relationships between more than a million online users*.
- The Royal Thai Police has recently received two H175 helicopters from Airbus Helicopters, which are equipped with the latest aircraft technology and capabilities*. Other purchase is from Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), United States Black Hawk and more.
- The Thailand cabinet has approved a THB 990 million budget to purchase 55,150 new semi-automatic guns, magazines, bullets, sockets and belts, as well as handcuffs*.
- Thailand’s cybersecurity spending is estimated at USD 212 million in 2017, and expected to increase to around USD 243 million in 2018. Due to the emergence of new technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Thailand’s government is improving and strengthening its local cybersecurity industry.* Thailand’s Digital Economy and Society Ministry is in the midst of setting up a cybersecurity agency and training centre soon*.
- Anti-terrorism – Special Forces
- Border Control
- Ballistic Protection
- Counter Terrorism
- Chemical, Biological, Radiation, Nuclear and Explosives(CBRNe)
- Civil Defence
- Communications Monitoring
- Cybersecurity / IT
- Data Protection – Information and Communication Systems
- Disaster and Emergency Response
- Economic and Industrial Intelligence
- Fire Service
- Forensic Science Services
- Hazmat Equipment
- Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement
- Mobile Data Management
- Night Vision / Optics
- Prison Security
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Security of Public Places
- Sea-Based Platform
- Small Calibre / Non-Lethal Weapons
- Special Purpose Vehicles
- System Integrators
- Systems Integration
- UAVs, USVs and UUVs
- Police Chiefs
- Municipal, State, Country Police
- Airport, Transit Police
- College/University Campus Police
- Federal and Law State Enforcement Agencies
- Juvenile and Narcotics Officers
- Sherriff's Departments
- Traffic Safety Officers
- Corrections Officials
OTHER ALLIED PROFESSIONALS
- Security Consultants
- Corporate Security Managers
- Emergency Response
- First Responders
- Homeland Security Agencies
- Mayors/City Managers
- Private Detectives/Investigators
- Private Security Firms
- Fleet Managers
Established in 1999, IMPACT Arena and IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center are an integrated venue offering a diversity of events with versatile facilities and services. IMPACT is one of Asia’s largest and most modern exhibition and convention centers with a usable indoor space over 140,000 square meters, comprising a variety of venue sizes to meet all kinds of events requirement.
IMPACT is the preferred destination in Thailand for Impactful events – The Preferred Place…The Preferred Partner….The Preferred Provider.
DIRECTION & TRANSPORTATION
Located in the suburb away from the traffic congestion in downtown Bangkok, IMPACT is:
- 30 minutes from downtown Bangkok via congest free express ways
- 45 minutes from Suvarnabhumi International airport via express ways
- 15 minutes from Don Mueang International Airport
- Within 20 km radius of IMPACT, there are 12 hotels with over 3,000 rooms
- IMPACT Hotel – Our very own 4.5 Star hotel Novotel Bangkok IMPACT with 380 rooms and ibis Bangkok IMPACT with 587 rooms. There are ideally located only 2 minutes from IMPACT Exhibition & Convention Center